David Kent took over the naming rights in 1975 and revived the Hayride 1973-1987 again.
The show was performed in a different building with a reduced array of stars on.
After his military service, he opened a gun shop, but was persuaded to come back to the radio.
Along with Station Manager Henry Clay and the commercial Director, Dan Upson, he set out to establish the single Jamboree, which was a serious rival to Nashville's famous Grand Ole Opry.
From 1984 the show was transferred additionally on television.
Three years later they moved back to the Municipal Auditorium.
Tom's Peanuts is in the same spot today Elvis and his family moved into a boarding house at 370 Washington Street in 1948. Today this address is nothing more than an empty lot with overgrown weeds and a chainlink fence A few weeks after they arrived in Memphis, they moved from 370 Washington Avenue (now demolished) into a small, one-room apartment located at 572 Poplar Avenue. The once luxurious house, though, was in a sad state of disrepair, and the owner neglected to maintain it.
Both programs were focus on country music and oriented with its 50,000 watt signals on the same area.
And while at the Opry electric guitars were banned, it was welcome on the Hayride - Looking north on North Gloster Street, Tupelo, Mississippi on September 1, 1948. The hill at the top is where Gloster and Mc Cullough cross today.
This is the same road the Presley family traveled when they left Tupelo for Memphis in 1948. The ground-floor efficiency was only a brisk walk from Beale Street, and it was close to the growing downtown business section.
The balustrade was decorated all around with a small wrap of velvet, and the main room had folding chairs that could be taken up for dances and basketball exhibitions.
Behind the stage were spacious dressing rooms and a large, common dressing room on the second floor were set up as a meeting place for artists.